Diocesan School’s state of the art Aquatic Centre has an opportunity for a qualified swimming coach experienced in running squads.
• Qualified swimming coach, experienced in running squads
• State of the art Aquatic Centre
• Epsom location
Diocesan School for Girls is a high performing independent Anglican School with an outstanding reputation for excellence in all aspects of achievement. Set within beautiful grounds with state of the art educational and sporting facilities, the school provides a unique environment where girls can achieve excellence in a wide range of academic, cultural and sporting activities.
Our world-class indoor Aquatic Centre has a purpose built fitness centre, separate learner pool and 400-seat spectator gallery. A moveable floor in the main 25x20 metre pool can be lowered for deep water sports codes like water polo and raised for learn-to-swim classes.
We seek a qualified swimming coach, competent in coaching fitness squads capable of swimming up to 3km and preparing students to compete in their chosen water sport (eg water polo, UWH, Triathlon). Squad levels vary on ability from intermediate to senior swimmers. Hours will be negotiated with the successful applicant and will involve three mornings a week over school terms 6.30am – 8.30am and Monday – Thursday afternoons 2.30am – 5.30pm. There are also squads on availability over school holidays.
The successful applicant:
• will be experienced in coaching high level fitness squads
• can create effective practice sessions
• understands all four stroke techniques along with dives and flip turns
• can coach for optimal performance covering sprint, middle distance and long distance sessions
• will be professional, enthusiastic, friendly and reliable
They will also enjoy working in a team and be able to provide a fun and safe learning environment for our students. Appointments are subject to a satisfactory result from the Police Vetting process.